Kaia Yellowhorse ’20
Kaia Yellowhorse found a second home at the Native American Academic Student Center.
Clubs and organizations
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society, member
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in the Sciences, member
- Native American Academic Student Success Center, student assistant
- Native American Student Union, member
- Eye to Eye mentorship program, peer advisor
- Undergraduate Admissions, peer advisor
- UC Davis Alpine Ski and Snowboard team, member
How do you discover?
"I really enjoy research. I used to want to work for a pharmaceutical company, but after working in a lab on campus, I now want to become a professor so I can lead my own research team. I also enjoy art, so I'm taking a painting class. I love the level of education I'm getting here. I get to take all of these interesting classes and nurture all aspects of my life."
Why UC Davis?
"I fell in love with the atmosphere, and UC Davis has a small town appeal that helped me transition from my rural area. I love exploring the campus and all the opportunities that UC Davis provides. Student organizations and sports teams, academic centers and student spots are all over, which allows me to pick up my hobbies to find others like myself."